Fountain’s water characteristics:
The water is transparent, colourless and odourless, with a slight bitter taste, it contains dissolved gas, mainly nitrogen or azoe, that form little bubbles.
It arrives to the surface at 21º C, 9’9 pH and 996’81of density.
It is an hypothermic water, softly mineralised, the most common ions are the carbonate, bicarbonate, chloride, sodium and magnesium. Declared of public use in 1871.
Since the beginnings of the 20th century, the thermal spa got specialised in inhalatored treatments, stopping the traditional use of the waters in baths or hydrotherapy.
Different kinas of inhalation have its different effects : Analgesic, sedative, spasmolytic, decongestant, anti-inflammation and antialergic. They improve the respiration by extending the respiration movements which increase the oxygenation and lung’s circulation. It also decrease and fluidificate secretions.
The low mineralization of the drinking water has diuretic effects which help to eliminate some elements as uric acid.
Efectos beneficiosos en pacientes con dermatitis atópica.
- Respiratory illness cause by allergies: bronquial asthma-bronquial hyperreactivity, allergic rhinitis, allergic rhinoconjunctivitis.
- Lungs chronic illness: chronic bronchitis-COPD, bronchiectasis, pulmonary emphysema.
- Others: pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis and systitis.
- Allergic conjunctivitis.
- Helper to the inhalatorium treatment.
- Dyuresis as a treatment for kidney stones and cystitis.
- Active phase of infections like tuberculosis and ferine cough.
- Unstable chronics illness: insufficient cardiac function (congestive heart), COR PULMONALE, isquemic cardiopathy.
- Feverish conditions.
- Serious sickness at any location. For ex. acute myocardial infarction.